Friday, May 25, 2012

Chicken Rice Bento

2012.05.25


It's Friday today, woohoo! Who's not psyched for it? Today I made chicken rice (which contains chicken, spring onion, green peas, ketchup and tomato puree). The brown rice I cooked yesterday was a bit too firmer as I added less water accidentally than usual. But firm rice works for fried rice. While when I have gooey rice I make zousui (rice cooked in soup) using it. To tell the truth I have trouble cooking rice every now and then haha! Maybe that's because I'm still half asleep when I start to cook rice in the morning.


DSC_0046

Happy Yummy Weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I love your recipes! They're easy and fun to make and most importantly, they're a healthier lunch options. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you might think about an electric rice cooker? I am truly able to cook the rice on the stove but I have had the one or the other 'accident' when being busy. Since I have my rice cooker, my days are saved. I do a lot of unattended cooking in there - it's the most time busy cooking other stuff than rice. Pasta dishs or chicken or Spanish tortilla - really. Rice in the morning? This would be the absolutely no-go otherwise!I would set the house into fire or go hungry out in the working day. The rice cooker makes it easy: set-up with timer the evening before and get your rice ready and nice in the morning. That's my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you for the encouraging comment! I will keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bentolily for the nice comment! Good to know that I am not the only one hehe. Well I actually have a rice cooker but prefer cooking my brown rice in a pressure cooker. Electric ones really come in handy though. My problem is just to mismeasure amount of water. When I used to use the rice cooker I sometimes forgot to set the timer on lol.
      

    ReplyDelete