Friday, July 08, 2011

Croque Monsieur and Iceplant and Little Fireworks

Today's bento is so simple, oh I should say *another simple bento*. Since I don't like to have elaborate bento on a hot day, simple bentos should probably continue for a while.

Foods I made this time are croque-monsieur and salad. I tried iceplant for the first time. This veggie is sort of strange. Not only the look but the taste as well. It looks like succulent plants, and the taste is a bit salty and sour. It's not that I really like it, but it's not too bad. I'm not sure if I buy one again though.
2011.07.05-1

These are treat Yuppi made her pals for tanabata (star festival), which are in a layer of calpis jelly and ramune one. One of perfect refreshments in the hot summer.
jelly for tanabata. layer of calpis and ramune

The girls enjoyed fireworks after *treat hunting*. They came back with tons of snacks, sweets and etc. These fireworks are the smallest ones and not gorgeous, but have an ephemeral yet uniquely attractive feel to it. I hope you feel it. So the girls saved them for last. Yay for summer!! 
DSC_0197

DSC_0201

DSC_0202

No comments:

Post a Comment